 Star Wars / 15984
15983  |  15985
Subject:
A quick look at the new line of MINI's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:10:48 GMT

Hey all,

Just got 'em today.  Here are my intial impressions:

AT-AT:  A bit boxy and the legs are kinda spindly-lookin', but who can argue
with two 2x2x2 slopes in dark gray?!

Millenium Falcon:  Goes to show what a unique design this ship is and how
difficult it is to render at this scale.  I like the decorated pieces but
this is my least favorite.

MTT:  Who cares about the design?!  The parts are absolutely awesome!  I'll
be buying LOTS of these!
Four 2x2 brown medium-slope corners
Two 2x3 brown medium-slopes
Two 2x2x2 brown slopes (attention Castleheads!)
Four 1x3 rust/light brown bricks
Two of the new 1x4 bricks in rust/light brown that stretch to a medium-slope
at one end (what are we calling these?)
Two 2x3 rust/light brown plates
Two 1x2 brown tri-slope apex bricks
Two 2x2 curved bricks with 1x2 stud area on top

Republic Gunship:  The way they attached the wings makes them floppy.  They
use a #5 Techic elbow attached to a 2x2 brick with half a friction peg, but
there's nothing bracing it so the wings are loose.  I don't understand why
they didn't use click-hinges here.  Other than that, very cool.  More dark
red and a lime green 1x2 garage door slot brick!

Y-Wing:  This is just about perfect.  The proportions and detail are
excellent.  This one may end up being my favorite MINI model.  Interesting
how much bigger this particular MINI model is compared to the other Rebel
and Imperial MINI's.  Things that mak you go "Hmmmm."

-Dave