 Star Wars / 15641
Re: New SW Minibust MOC -- Hammerhead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Szklennik writes:

Um, WOW.  both my fav cantina aliens are in your gallery (Momaw Nadon & Greedo)
I thought Nadon had his eyes set wider apart, but i went to the Star Wars
official site to 'check' & it seems ok.

whew!!!!

also, It looks like it could use 1 or
2 plates directly behind the plates that hold the eyes to 'beef up' the eye
sockets.

I agree-- TLG; please make brown 1x1 plates!!!

  Great work overall.  The cowboy hats are a good solution, thought the
rims seem a little too big.  Did you try 1x1 lever bases:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/298

and brown 1x1 lever bases!!

Yes, I did think of this, but felt that the larger piece better represented
the features. It's all in achieving "essence" over "accuracy". However, this
doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. In fact, Hammerhead as I've
done him is not at all in scale with the other minibusts I've done. If the
figure were to be scaled up as it should be, the hats might look better...

let us know when you make
instructions for Nadon so i can make my very own!

Instrux for a number of minibusts are coming shortly. Momaw will take a
little longer...

thanks for looking!

stuart