 Star Wars / 14124
  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Yes! Brucey-wan's: (URL) almost identical. Jeff J (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Other thoughts: One of only two (I think) place-sets in the SW line (the other being the Naboo Swamp) (yes, there are some little things like the tree in the original Speeder-Bikes set, the "rebel base" in the B-Wing set, and those (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) It's a battle droid body, then a 1x1 tile with clip attaches at the head joint, then the minifig head attaches to that. So the head is actually upside down and will have a big gaping hole on top. The droids, figures and Jabba are kinda cool, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Sure, Gareth, but within a reasonable price-point this is pretty good. Just add a whole lot of bulk tan bricks from S@H and you could do a pretty good palace. Tan arch bulk-packs would help, too, I suppose. For Tim: You're pretty cruel, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Can you explain to me why this: (URL) almost twice as much as this: (URL) that the 2nd set contains 28% more pieces Price point shmice point. Storytellers are total rip-offs. It's certainly cool that these are accesories to the main Jabba's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Gareth Bowler writes: (...) When I was talking about the price I meant the $30 set, which is fairly simliar to, for instance, this Harry Potter set: (URL) have a few figs plus a molded beast, they seem similar in size, both have issues of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) I'll bet one or more of: - New mold costs. New mold shows up in only 1 set? Only one set shares the overhead. - Difficult-to-manufacture costs. Minifigs come pre-assembled and are 9+ actual pieces, some of the parts are larger, etc. - Lucas (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) True. I was hoping this theme would escape untainted, but no such luck. :( LeSigh (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) Have you considered that licencing fees may be the reason for the inflated prices -Orion (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars 2003

(...) So if it's licensing, why are the storyteller sets the only ones to suffer from this problem? Most of the rest of the SW line is quite reasonably priced. Look at the cloud car or AT-ST or landspeeder for example. (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)