 Star Wars / 13762
Re: New CLASSIC SW Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:57:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Stéphane Sinotte writes:

After all,  there's been a minifig X-Wing as well as a UCS X-wing, which
sets are even closer in ressemblance than Mindstorms and minifig sets. So
the AT-AT really is a plausible choice.

Not to mention the Naboo Starfighter and the Special Edition Naboo Starfighter.
And Yoda the minifig and Yoda the sculpture.  :)

And for the no snowtroopers remark, I meant that snowtroopers are seen only
once in the trilogy

That's not an issue.  The Sith Infiltrator is in the movie for how many
seconds?  Even worse, the battle droid carrier.  It's really hard to pick
out that in the movie unless you know exactly where to hit "pause".  Plus,
Snowtroopers could show up in a couple of different sets.  In addition to
the AT-AT, you could have a couple of small sets.  Maybe one with two
Snowtroopers, Vader, and the e-web gun.

While I'm rambling on Hoth, I'd really like to see a set with a brick built
tauntaun, Han in Hoth gear, and a probe droid.  Like these done by either
Dave Eaton or Shaun Sullivan:
This proposed set would be even better if it came with 1000 white bricks.
:)  Seriously, though, I think that "Hoth Patrol" would be a great set.

Bruce