 Star Wars / 13702
Re: Question about set 7143 Jedi Starfighter.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:36:29 GMT

You didn't see the scene in AOTC then where Obi-Wan Kenobi takes off from
the planet that has the Jedi Council headquarters, and then heads off for
the planet that has Jango Fett and all of the clones on it, and R4 is loaded
onto the ship.  R4 also gets unloaded when Obi-Wan Kenobi gets to the clone
planet.

Yes, R4 actually does get in and out of the ship, and is a remarkably
complete astromech droid, the same as any other one, just a little different
in appearance, markings, and probably programming.  He also is in another
scene when Obi-Wan lands on the planet that the bounty hunter Jango Fett
flees to.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"smegged" <cintaks_erur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Well, the reason that the body was never included is that they wanted to
remain accurate to the movie.  After I saw this set, I saw the movie for a
second time and looked at his starfigher.  The R4 unit's head was all that
there was.  It was not like r2-d2, instead it was built into the fighter.
Hence lego giving us only the head and not the body.  I do agree that the
body should have been included for play value's sake, but the reason it
wasn't included is valid.

-stephen

In lugnet.lego.direct, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
I have just purchased this set, and I am curious to know why TLG did not
include a suitable body piece for the R4 astromech droid dome piece • included
in this set.  I feel it would have increased play value for this set, and • it
would have been no problem for me to imagine that R4's body "disappears"
when the Starfighter is in flight.

I will not review this set formally, I will say though that it had no
missing pieces, nor any extras.  :-)  It is quite a ship although I feel • the
cockpit piece could've had a bit more attention to it, and be more • securely
fastened.  I had to resist the initial temptation to pick it up by the
cockpit, as that is the most obvious pickup point - I can imagine the
resulting crash landing it would have when kids pick it up for the first
time!

This is quite a good set, I am from Australia, and for the cost - • $44.99 -
it is quite good value for the set.  Although the astromech droid body
would've been a nice touch for this set!  I sure hope TLG could either
release it separately or include it in a future set (hint hint) perhaps • as a
part in a droid shop scene?  ;-)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde