 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4865
4864  |  4866
Subject:
Question about set 7143 Jedi Starfighter.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:45:05 GMT

I have just purchased this set, and I am curious to know why TLG did not
include a suitable body piece for the R4 astromech droid dome piece included
in this set.  I feel it would have increased play value for this set, and it
would have been no problem for me to imagine that R4's body "disappears"
when the Starfighter is in flight.

I will not review this set formally, I will say though that it had no
missing pieces, nor any extras.  :-)  It is quite a ship although I feel the
cockpit piece could've had a bit more attention to it, and be more securely
fastened.  I had to resist the initial temptation to pick it up by the
cockpit, as that is the most obvious pickup point - I can imagine the
resulting crash landing it would have when kids pick it up for the first
time!

This is quite a good set, I am from Australia, and for the cost - $44.99 -
it is quite good value for the set.  Although the astromech droid body
would've been a nice touch for this set!  I sure hope TLG could either
release it separately or include it in a future set (hint hint) perhaps as a
part in a droid shop scene?  ;-)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde