 Star Wars / 13712
Re: Question about set 7143 Jedi Starfighter.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:40:49 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message

To be fair to LEGO, the astromech does not have a body but is actually
hardwired into the starfighter.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/delta7/index.html

<snip>

I am glad you like it for what it is. I agree even though the body does • not
need to be in the set it would have added a lot to the playabilty

Something is seriously wrong then.  When I went to the movie release of
AOTC, the astromech droid plainly was inserted into the starfighter from the
bottom.  It was also plain to see that the other side could also have fitted
an astromech droid into it.  That is what the round 2x2 plate on the other
side is supposed to represent - an empty space for an astromech unit.

If anybody from the starwars site is actually looking at this post, it'd be
interesting to see if they could comment on it.

Maybe they had on hand special releases of the movie that had scenes that
would get cut from later production runs, although I have no idea why.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)