 Star Wars / 13580
Re: Mace Windu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark de Kock writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Adrian Drake writes:
This has been discussed before, but I believe the thinking is if you start
making different colored minifigs now, it would make every other minifig
previously produced white (even the natives from the Wild West sets) by
default, which would, I think, make Lego look even more racist.  Cries of
"why didn't you do this before" would be deafening.  I doubt we'll ever see
non-yellow minifig heads, except as customs.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

I agree. Why is it that in a toy-world (which Lego is, after all), color
should matter? Is that what we want our children to learn? That color matters?
Personally, I want all my minifigs to be shiney bright yellow people. That
way, when I -finally- get around to shooting my cobs n' robbers Lego movie,
I won't have to take care "not" to use brown/black/red/white/tan/green
minifigs as robbers because people might get offended. Nah, yellow
smiley-heads will do just fine!
As for the statement 'the yellow heads would de white'... how come? Why are
we white people pictured as yellow smileys?
<hint: this last was a joke!!!>

Mark -I'm colorblind anyway- de Kock

Actually, what I was stating, was that it wouldn't be very cool if Lego made
a yellow one.  After all, everyone else can be yellow for all I care, but
I'd like mace windu like he is in the movie. It would just be kind of
disappointing.
~Evan Butzlaff