 Star Wars / 13476
Re: Mace Windu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:34:58 GMT

Well, I woudn't go so far as saying LEGO should not produce color minifigs.

I think, like many others and LEGO itself, that yellow skins for all
minifigs is the best choice. It avoids dealing with racism issues and other
topics like that.

But, in the case of Mace Windu (and Lando Calrissian), I think that they
should produce brown skin. Mace and Lando are characters licensed from a
movie. They are not unknown minifigs from the town theme or such. Making
them yellow would be completely off because they represents actual persons
(characters). After all, Yoda's minifig IS green, no? And Chewbacca IS
brown. I know, they are not humans, but they comply to what the characters are.

Anyway, with the upcoming NBA theme, I think LEGO will have problems
explaining why all the players of each NBA team should be yellow...