 Star Wars / 13566
Re: Pics of 10026 - SE Naboo Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:15:44 GMT

Tim Rice <blackstarbricks@juno.com> writes:
TWS Garrison <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath.BESTpurdue.edu> writes:
As far as I know, every 2x2 Turntable top has been gray.  This
really would have been the time to change that. . .the
functionality of having the astromech head swivel is nice, but the
gray destroys the visual effect.

Yup, thats definetly what I think. grey conflix way to much with white

Naw, just pretend the droid has grey markings at those points.

They might have been able to achieve swiveling with something
involving Technic pins. . .hmm. . .

I don't have the part handy - does it have Technic axle slots in it,
the way the cylinders do?  If so there ought to be a way.

You sure they have all been grey? I seem to remember having a white
one...I'll have to look in to that. I don't know how they would have done
something w/pins, though I porbably could figure out how to with time
(and if its not possible lego would have used a new part, of course)

I've never seen a non-grey one, but that doesn't mean it never happened.
Or that LEGO could have cast them in white for this model.  (That's
got to be cheaper than casting the chrome parts!)

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!