 Star Wars / 12938
Re: 7130 What's the Deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:10:25 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Aaron Gershon writes:
Why is this set so sought after?...discuss....

I have a 7130, and it's among one of the few sets
I've kept in one piece. Perhaps it's just the
notion that it's star wars, and it has an excellent
design, that I kept the original model still built in
the box. I still proudly display it on my shelf.

For me, it's simple.

It *looks* like what it's supposed to look like.

On the contrary, sets such as the gungan sub *looked*
more like a random collection of specialized parts
thrown together to *attempt* a star wars set. Heck,
it couldn't sustain itself under water. Talk about
a cheap sub!

The design and coloring are excellent.  The use of traditional parts and
specialty parts is well balanced.  Oh, and did I mention that it *looks*
like a snowspeeder?  :)

Yeah, finally a star wars set that actually
appealed to me. When I saw other models such as
the gungan sub, or the naboo fighter, I wasn't
really interested. The 7130 really changed my
opinion of the Star Wars line.

Nice simple set.  LEGO could learn a lesson from itself.

Simplicity is the only way to snag in customers.
Another simple set I would recommend would be the 3033
1200 bricks tub. Simple, but excellent.

All the best,
Allan B.

- Expert Builder website