 Star Wars / 12934
Re: Question about building an AT-AT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:02:22 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tobbe Arnesson writes:I can
only imagine it would take me longer if I used worm gears in the lower hips
(joint beta). Dunno though-- maybe it would speed things up?

One thought I've had is to have a Technic 9V motor with a cross axle
connector to spin the wormgears. Just attach the motor, power it up
'til the joint is in place, detach the motor and work on the next
joint...

Well, the problem being mostly that at present I can just move the legs
nearly instantly to where I want, using only one hand (the other hand is
needed [and whatever else I can use]) to balance the AT-AT from falling
over... So mostly I would expect any speed gained in setup time would be
from not having to 'fine tune' it so much since each joint would be
sturdier... But I dunno? It may be worth a shot...

DaveE