 Star Wars / 12206
Re: Star Wars Ep 1 Chess Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Monica Wilbur writes:
I'd probably choose Obi-Wan over Anakin, but that's only because Anakin
bugged me :).

As far as a "high" level female baddie, how about call her Shmi since after
all, she did give birth to the future Dark Lord of the Sith....

mo
www.galacticbrick.com
Star Wars LEGO Unleashed

In lugnet.starwars, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
Can't seem to get chess sets out of my mind.  Thought I would take a hand
at a minifig intensive Chess Set based on Star Wars Episode 1.
And as a side benefit, it got rid of all those pesky Jar Jar minifigs.
Pics are here:

Benjamin, Monica,
   Thanks for the comments ! I got to admit I did not think of Shmi as a
dark side character but as you put it without her there would be no
Dark Lord of Sith.
   I will have pics of a new version with the new Droidekas from SW 2002
release as I think theirs are much better than mine.
   I had the Episode I chess set out at the GATS Tampa train show and I
underestimated the response from SW fans of which there were plenty. There
was as much good reaction to this as to my Sekigahara Ninja Chess Set and
this was just one day.
KK