 Star Wars / 12201
12200  |  12202
Subject:
Star Wars Ep 1 Chess Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:43:38 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Can't seem to get chess sets out of my mind.  Thought I would take a hand
at a minifig intensive Chess Set based on Star Wars Episode 1.
And as a side benefit, it got rid of all those pesky Jar Jar minifigs.
Pics are here:

Kings - black is the Evil Emperor, white is Anakin
Queens - black and white is Padme/Amidala. I am arguing she was manipulated
   by the bad guys to their own ends.  (And did you notice there does not
   seem to be a "high" level female baddie)
Bishops - black is Droideka, white is R2D2 and C3P0.
Knights - Who else but the Sith Lord Darth Maul and the Jedi "Knight"
   Qui-Gon Jin.
Rooks - I chose to "elevate" the fight here so .. Supermicrofig Droid
   Fighters and Naboo Fighters
Pawns - black is Battle Droids and white are the Gungans.

All is all quite fun. I most enjoyed making the supermicrofig fighters.LMKWYT.
KK Quah