 Star Wars / 12205
Re: Star Wars Ep 1 Chess Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:07:08 GMT

I'd probably choose Obi-Wan over Anakin, but that's only because Anakin
bugged me :).

As far as a "high" level female baddie, how about call her Shmi since after
all, she did give birth to the future Dark Lord of the Sith....

mo
www.galacticbrick.com
Star Wars LEGO Unleashed

In lugnet.starwars, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
Can't seem to get chess sets out of my mind.  Thought I would take a hand
at a minifig intensive Chess Set based on Star Wars Episode 1.
And as a side benefit, it got rid of all those pesky Jar Jar minifigs.
Pics are here:

Kings - black is the Evil Emperor, white is Anakin
Queens - black and white is Padme/Amidala. I am arguing she was manipulated
  by the bad guys to their own ends.  (And did you notice there does not
  seem to be a "high" level female baddie)
Bishops - black is Droideka, white is R2D2 and C3P0.
Knights - Who else but the Sith Lord Darth Maul and the Jedi "Knight"
  Qui-Gon Jin.
Rooks - I chose to "elevate" the fight here so .. Supermicrofig Droid
  Fighters and Naboo Fighters
Pawns - black is Battle Droids and white are the Gungans.

All is all quite fun. I most enjoyed making the supermicrofig fighters.LMKWYT.

The set is very nice....I like your placement of players on the "light side".
I especially like R2 and C3PO's placement as "bishops" and the fighters as
the "rooks".  Good choice to have gungans (jar-jars) as the "pawns".

On the dark-side, I like the placement over-all, except the droidekans as the
"bishops"....I suppose it isn't your fault, but isn't it a shame you can't
use the neimoidians, as the "dark-side advisors".

Having darth maul, and qui-gon as the "knights" mounted was also cool....as
well as the individual piece construction....

Benjamin Medinets