 Star Wars / 11818
Re: Blockade runner pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In article <GK6Bny.K9M@lugnet.com>,
"Jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote:

Photos are up at www.fbtb.net

Okay so 10018 Darth maul doesn't interest me because the sculptural sets of
the sculpture serries I don't find that exciting, though I am waiting to see
how the Yoda looks next year.

Hmm... I don't like the shape of this one, personally. I dunno, Maul
just looks kind of goofy.

  It's a bit too pixellated for my liking.  Maul in person
  was too much about sharp points and curving arcs, not squares.
  (Though, to be fair, even with better curves I probably would
  have given Maul a miss anyways--not enough pieces in the colors
  I want.)

I really liked the one that was a give away for the Galactic contest or
whatever, but this one's kinda ugly...

But the Blockade runner is simply jaw dropping. And as for parts, can you
count the number of  large white cylinders? Used not just for the docking
ports, but for all the engines too.

This is very impressive. I think everyone should buy one so LD will
release more sets of this caliber. Excellent.

  I agree.  I've noticed several new pieces that I don't think
  are anywhere else yet--those 2x4 "angled" plates at the extreme
  front just ROCK!  And I like the way they've achieved the complex
  cylindry (tm me) of the bow section--it reminds me of Mladen's
  centrifuge in reverse.

Ohh you're right! The greeblies also are somewhat reminiscent of Mladen's
building style/skills.

  But yes, that Runner is simply maginificent.  I like the use of
  the dark red--and I hope hope hope there will be more of this
  color in LEGO's future.  And those 8x8 angled plates in *white*?
  Tech-printed 8x8 white discs?  Lots of white macaroni?  Ooooh!

Sigh, this won't be mine to own, If it was, I'd have to pay in ten dollar
increments monthly! right now that is, my income as of yet isn't very high,
mowing the lawn doesn't get you very far...:-D

I think it will be neat to see how they got all of the winged pieces up
front at all of those cool angles, oooohh! and look! the old motorcycle
weels in dark red! cool!

  But...will it have a "playable" interior?  :D

Don't think so...:-P

-Geordan-

  best

  LFB