 Star Wars / 11817
Re: Blockade runner pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Alexander Johnston writes:
  But...will it have a "playable" interior?  :D

The answer to your question is quite simply, no.  Sorry.  I'm gonna buy it
anyways though. :)

Hmm...are you sure?  I don't think it's likely there will be any mini-figs,
or computers and etc., but just looking at the model, theres a lot of space
in there.  I rather believe most of the model is hollow; theres no way they
are gonna have the model that unnessicarily dense, especially with it being
over $100 (well over), which seems to be "the mark".  Even if there are no
mini-figs and furnishings and decoration, you could probably put some in.

It wouldn't be very authentic, but if you own the Millenium Falcon and
didn't modify it, it won't be a horribly big deal.

At $200, I simply won't buy it if its STRICTLY a model, like the UCS X-Wing.
The X-Wing was WAY out of scale to my other Star Wars vessels; it was too
big.  But the Corellian Corvette is too small.  It's supposed to be bigger
than everything else, so while it's out of scale, it seems to be the most
reasonable size for being put next to your typical $30 sized X-Wings.  You
couldn't put a mini-fig in the UCS X-Wing, but you could with this corvette.

While I wouldn't buy if it was strictly a model, I'm sure theres space in
there, and I'll do the inside myself.

All we need is a Star Destoyer like that :) .  Well, lets just say it's an
undergrown Victory Class.

I don't care if a Lego Star Destoyer doesn't move around several TIE
Squadrons.  It just needs to be plenty bigger than the fighters, with a
bridge and some rooms.

--Josh