 Star Wars / 11552
Re: The "Next" Star Wars LEGO Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Edward Cox writes:
Does anyone have an idea on what may be the next Star Wars set to be
released, if any?

Well my guess is that they are probably working on Episode II sets which will
be released to coincide with the movie release.  That means we probably won't
see quite as many new sets for the begining of this year.

I just hope something small is released with a Stormtrooper (here I go
again...).  I did buy one Tie Fighter so I do have 1 Stormtrooper but I refuse
to buy more just for the fig and that feeling only strengthened this week when
I got my Summer 2001 S@H catalog that specifically states in a blurb next the
Tie Fighter "Only set that includes stormtrooper figure!".

I am getting a little sick of LEGO putting great figs in only Big sets.
Especially great Generic figs in only big sets.  Its a gimmick that
unfortunately must work for LEGO.  Personally if they released a Speeder Bike
like $10 set with 2 Stormtroopers I would snatch them up but a $20 set with one
Stormtrooper is going to sit on the shelves.

Eric Kingsley