 Star Wars / 11454
Re: 2002/Episode II Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:25:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

Hey-

Just read a report on TheForce.Net about 2002/Episode II sets.

Don't know where it came from, but it certainly jives with other Episode II
info I've heard, and makes sense.

http://www.theforce.net/collecting/index.html#10160

Don't bother to follow the link if you're hyper-sensitive to Spoiler
information- but it's not plot-spoiler, just what-ships-you'll-see spoiler.

I was just about to post this myself.

Unfortunately, its not information that anyone couldn't have guessed from
the info available about the ships. At this point a better question about
the new sets will be what the large sets will be and whether LEGO will make
any playsets. Its a gimme that they will make the small ships if they have
even a semi-important role in the movie.

Jonathan

     Hey y'all.  I was just searching the lugnet.starwars newsgroup in order
to see if there was any information about what the next round of star wars
sets will be and when we might be able to expect them to be available to us.
I found the above two message thread and tried to follow the link that Eric
J. had posted quite some time ago.  [fyi - if you plan on finding the
article that Eric's original posting pertains to, you'll have to click on
the "april 2001" link at the bottom of the webpage that the above link leads
to].  After a couple of clicks got me to the article that Eric refers to, I
was a little let down, as all the info pertaining to any upcoming Lego sets
seems to have been removed from the article.  Does anybody know what's up
with this?  Was Theforce.net required to remove this information by TLG
similar to what had happened with LUGNET and TLG concerning SW legos last
summer?  Otherwise, I still have not managed to find out any info regarding
the next Star Wars sets in any capacity and I'd appreciate it if anybody who
might have some insight into the subject could share that information with us.

thanks, D.