 Star Wars / 1115
Re: Kids Playing ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lee Jorgensen writes:
My son was playing with my SW legos ... and placed a Rebel
helmet upon a "Speeder Bike" trooper ...

Another idea for a rebel soldier, if you're willing to rip the arms off some
characters...
I threw together a rebel soldier/commando in Endor gear by using Luke's torso
(from the speeder bike set--for the camoflauge jacket look), a pair of dark
grey arms, a helmet from one of the Adventurer airplanes with a green visor
(from a police officer minifig), a head from one of the Divers (I was looking
for a head with a little bit of beard stubble), and black legs. I also threw
on one of the backpacks from a speeder bike. The color scheme worked
beautifully, and he's very reminiscent of his "cousin" in the Snowspeeder set.
I also designed a nice blaster rifle by taking a pocketknife to a "gun"
(sorry, I don't know the part numbers, but this was the one that was very
popular on the classic Space sets--like the original Space Shuttle from the
late '70s) and one of those bullhorn-type pieces. I cut off the back of the
gun, the front of the bullhorn, and attach them. Definitely passable. Solid.
If I had a camera and a webpage, I'd show you, but you'll just have to use
your imagination. That's what Legos are there for.

Brent

VERY COOL.

The black lens show up quite nicely, and look very similar to
today's Fighter Pilot's visors and helmets ...

Kudos again to TLG for coming up with some knock-out
(and universal) parts ...

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc