 Star Wars / *9278 (-20)
  Re: Only at Target

(...) *Shrug* They've been there since at least August when I got mine, and the first post was from about then... (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Only at Target

Hey everybody! Yesterday, 10/20/00, I was at Target. There they have the Mos Espa Pod Race, Droid Fighter, and Lightsaber Duel sets all in one package for only $50. A very good deal. They seemed to have quite a few, butI'm not sure how long they (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7151 Sith Infiltrator is great!

I just got 7151 today too (for 50% off at TRU). I had the same experience! I wasn't even going to build the model since it looks so stupid on the box. However, as I started building it, it really started to look cool! Its very sleek and looks nice (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

If youre looking to spraypaint figs, one of the best fine control devices is an attachment sold by Sears that attaches to the top of almost any can of spray paint and has a trigger mechanism that allows you to spray a more precise stream of paint (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  7151 Sith Infiltrator is great!

I found a 7151 at more than 60% off, so I picked it up, thinking it was good value for all those grey plates and basic bricks. Getting home, I was a bit reluctant to build it, as it looks rather stupid on the box. I chose to built it anyway, as my (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) This is where Brasso works wonders. It takes the paint off, yet doesn't harm the plastic at all. I used a dab of it on a Q-tip to remove some of the Johnny Thunder face when I created Aves. (URL) Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) I took the paint off of one of the UFO droid's heads by scraping the blade of a craft knife (X-acto, to be x-act [hee hee]). If you're unfamiliar with the head, it has a big rectangle of paint across the face (in fact, it was the fig in this (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  7171 Podrace

7171 for $60,- + shipping anyone? NB: Shipping from Holland! Duq (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Czajka writes: Yeah, the Brasso stuff that everyone is talking about supposedly works very well. I persoanlly use steel wool, but you might not want to get that violent. Also, I've found for removing small bits of paint (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(URL) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) design. (...) This couldn't more true in the case of the UFO saucer sections. Orange and Black and Silver? Ugh! Brasso does require a bit of elbow grease but it works wonders and still leaves the piece with some its like-new sheen. I have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) I assume you mean the designs painted on their torsos, legs, heads, hats, etc. The minifigs are molded out of solid plastic, so if you mean remove the "base color" of the minifigs, it can't be done. However, if you're talking about the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sanburnsystems

(...) Is this Milug related? Sorry to sound overwelmed, but I'm really new to the community. If this is a public event, could you possible email me some details. If you're not too too busy, I'd really apreciate it. Thanks! Trev (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: MILUG?

Direnctions, location and time....need those too. Sorry! ;) Trev (...) 12- (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MILUG?

Rick, just remembered...I had touble with your email. Could you try sending me an itinerary or something for the next group meeting to my email? Sorry for the tardy reply! Trev (...) 12- (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Custom Figure Help

I know what Im about to ask would be sacrilage to some Lego purists out there, but does anyone know the best way to remove a minifigs paint without compromising the integrity of the surface underneath. The only way I know is from years of years of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  SW developers kits question

does anyone have a scan of the pages from both kits that show all of the parts? (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Black SW engines in 7184?

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com> wrote in message news:G2M0L6.Ipu@lugnet.com... (...) I was also intrigued at the brown "TIE Cockpit" used for the curved nose - I've got an MTT in my spare room but I'm not allowed to open the box yet and mess (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ben Fleskes' Millenium Falcon

(URL) one the most impressive home-brewed Star Wars models ever. This is a fantastic site for information and inspiration. Enjoy! Dave (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Black SW engines in 7184?

Adam Yes they are black and there are 2 Thanx, Mark M Hi, I was just looking at some pics of the MTT, and I think I see black SW engines. Are they really black? Is there only two of them? I'm talking about this pic: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact