 Star Wars / 9267
Re: Custom Figure Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 05:22:22 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Czajka writes:
I know what Im about to ask would be sacrilage to some Lego purists out there,
but does anyone know the best way to remove a minifigs paint without
compromising the integrity of the surface underneath.  The only way I know is
from years of years of playing with the figures.  I just want to know the best
way to do it, because I plan on making some custom minifigs and I want them to
look their best.

Thanks
Chris

I assume you mean the designs painted on their torsos, legs, heads, hats,
etc.  The minifigs are molded out of solid plastic, so if you mean remove
the "base color" of the minifigs, it can't be done.

However, if you're talking about the designs, there's this stuff called Brasso
(sp?) which many people use to remove the painted designs from their Legos.
I've never used it personally, but from what I understand it's quite good.  I
had trouble finding the stuff though.  I was going to remove some paint from
some of the UFO parts, and I looked everywhere for it and finally gave up.  I
stumbled upon it at a Walgreens late one night, and bought a can.  I never got
around to using it though... ;)

IMO you're not "modifying" the Legos, you're simply removing the excess design.

-Bryan