 Star Wars / *8618 (-20)
  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Speaking of <set:9171>, doesn't the figure almost dead center in the Pause DB picture remind you of Spock? The first time I saw it, that's who I thought of. Also, when I saw this set, I thought if LEGO can make a DUPLO set with people of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vader's Tie Fighter

Gerry, It was a prototype of the next generation of Tie Fighters. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Part out UCS X-Wing?

To All, Well, not to do a shameless plug or anything..... < shameless plug > My site, (URL) is planning on having both UCS X Wing and Tie Fighter, which will be up eventually. You can check under the sets page on the left. < shameless plug > Anyway, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Vader's Tie Fighter

(...) Yeah, Vader's TIE is a TIE Advanced X1 (experimeltal 1st model) It was given to him by Admiral Zarran who developed both the Advanced and Defender. (See the game TIE Fighter for further details)The Final version of the TIE advanced is (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Vader's Tie Fighter

Hi, Can someone explain the difference in Vader's ship compared to a average Tie Fighter other then the way it looks. Thanks, Gerry (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Part out UCS X-Wing?

I managed to get the only two 7191s that arrived at my local TRU before they hit the floor. I brought one to the NALug meeting shortly after so everyone could drool, and we discussed the possibility of parting it out. I'd be willing to do it if (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Hmm. Well, someone else mentioned the inflammatory nature of the phrase "race crad" before, so I won't rehash that. I'll assume you mean that you think the best way for TLC to handle this situation would be not to make minifigs of Lando, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Then why bother responding if it is pointless and tiresome? I'd rather you continue ignoring me or address the other point. Why don't people respond? Because I'm bringing up something that directly refutes their claims and they feel (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) In at least one case, the lack of response is entirely because that person (me) finds the entire debate pointless and tiresome. It is a non-issue. Further responses (such as the one I am currently constructing) are a waste of breath, because (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I've posted my experience on this a number of times: curiously there's rarely a response. Wade through the latest (down around the middle): (URL) your supposing that kids apply all races to the figs rather than perceiving them as NOT (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Well, is it really if we consider the target audience? I've said it before, I'll say it again: as long as the kids seem happy with the minifigs, as long as the kids are able to use their own imagination to bring diversity to the world of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Fz4z2L.G18@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) in (...) one (...) Ok, I see this now where I didn't quite see it before, and will refrain from using that phrase in the future. It was not a conscious (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) "Race card" has connotations well in excess of the bounds of this debate and should be employed with caution. Typically the term is used in situations in which the implication of racism is perceived to yield a result positive to one side's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Yes, but that was because minifigs, macrofigs, or any type of figs didn't exist then. At least for me. :-O (...) Here is the crux of the problem. The lack of diversity in minifigs IS a political message. You may agree with that message, you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:Fz4qw1.FyI@lugnet.com... (...) draw (...) that (...) (for (...) Viable alternative. In all sincerity, I have watched LUGNET for the past few days be filled with what I feel is senseless (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) A lot of people have said this, but I'd be interested to see them actually draw lines and point out these so-called "factions". There seem to be only two that really exist- those who are discussing something they find interesting (for whatever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Hey everybody... After reading a few of the highlights from the recent debates on adding different color minifigs into the Lego product line, I thought I'd offer a few words. I have a major concern with the discussions and the attitude portrayed. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lego minifig scale Death Star or, gosh, I'm sorry!

This post was inspired by all those "Has anyone made a minifig scale Death Star?" and "At, last my minifig scale Millennium Falcon is complete!" posts. This is a joke! The moon is still there!(Go outside and look if you don't beleve me!) Hey all! (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) be (...) Yeah, Bruce, you're certainly right. I watched ep 4 again two nights ago and the only black person that I counted was an extra in the mos eisley scenes. apparently, though Lucas wised up. thank god. ---D. (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Racial politics in LEGO (Endless debates in LUGNET about race would be a good title too!)

Yo nigga, what the deal? Just to clarify, I emailed Brad Justus a day or two ago and asked him if he might check out the thread that begins with "Who's feelin' the black pack?" when he's got the time. He's yet to reply, but rest assured that as soon (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact