 Star Wars / *7618 (-10)
  Re: The reason for no stormtroopers is this:

I ask for opinions or facts if you have them... Will we be waiting until Christmas for stormtroopers, or will we have to wait longer... does anybody know? EC (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Urban Legends

Although after reading some of these they seem to be correcting their mistakes rather than clearing up some of the legends... Cool, though... EC (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The reason for no stormtroopers is this:

(...) - Mounting Soapbox - OK I have said this many times before and I will say it again. Stormtroopers are at the core of STAR WARS. Other than Darth Vader, Stormtroopers are THE most recognizable characters in the Star Wars universe. Yes they are (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The reason for no stormtroopers is this:

(...) Only the smart ones.... (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  The reason for no stormtroopers is this:

TLG doesnt want to make all of the "cool" or "important" or whatever characters too soon, otherwise there wont be any more new characters to introduce from classic SW that are good enough to introduce. I dont see TLG making a mos eisly cantina set (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Specifically, I'm referring to Champions of the Force, Dave Apprentice, and Jedi Search. These books were...awful. Half of the force users were inept morons at the beginning of the book. By the end, they were doing things even Yoda wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is anyone else...

"jamie hickey" <jamie75@cris.com> wrote in message news:FvFnsL.9F8@lugnet.com... (...) What had me miffed was the fact that that droid came with system sets! (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:FvHsIr.AAL@lugnet.com... (...) when (...) in ANH. (...) that (...) that it (...) Another thing to look at is, if I remember correctly, Obi Wan never really got close to R2 in EPI. When in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I think the midichlorians still do have a 'mysterious' quality to them. Remember in Episode I when Qui-Gon asked Shmi about Anakin's father, and she replied "There was no father...I carried him..." etc. Which means either the midichlorians (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Lucas seems to be making things up as he goes along. I wouldn't attribute that comment to any story continuity that is now revealing itself. I think that it was just Obi Wan being a nice old gentleman. (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact