 Star Wars / *15089 (-20)
  Re: MINI Gasgano's Pod - MOC

Joel, This is really awesome! It totally has the look of the Official minis! Just wait and LEGO will be 'borrowing' this idea just like they borrowed Brucey-wan's Bomarr Monk desgin. Are you going to do the entire Mos Espa race pods? What a sight (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) Sure they can be removed but reuse after a while is not really feasable. My main beef is that LEGO included a sticker for a part that already exists in printed form. -Orion (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  MINI's in my hands, WOW!!

Hey all, Just got the first wave of four MINI's today at my local Target (4484, 4485, 4486, and 4487). Ummmmm, WOW! Double WOW! While the ISD represents the grand scale that Lego can accomplish, these sets clearly represent the possibilites of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Stormtrooper Transport

Wow! That's very cool. The way you did the front and the way you did the gun on the back is really nice. I really like your style. What did you use for a backdrop and lighting? -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MINI Gasgano's Pod - MOC

Following up my own post... I made some comparison renders last night, showing my podracer next to the two official models. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Some quick comments on Jabba's Palace & Jabba's Message

Hey all, Picked these up at Target as well. Jabba's Message: Aside from the Bib Fortuna 'fig and the decorated ball socket piece, I think it's a fairly poor set. I have a whole bag of Threepios and Artoos already. *sigh* The door isn't filled in (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) Bad form, but I'm replying to my own message - 'cause I forgot to tie it into Star Wars. I did a quick study a couple of years ago on the AT-ST. If you check out the pictures from the movie, you can see that the AT-ST does indeed have a knee (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) Weeelllll, technically, that's not right. All mammals have knees that bend in the same basic direction - as long as you have a consistent definition for a knee. In most mammals, though, the thigh bone is much shorter and compacted into the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) Weeelllll, technically, that's not right. All mammals have knees that bend in the same basic direction - as long as you have a consistent definition for a knee. In most mammals, though, the thigh bone is much shorter and compacted into the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: It's perfect!

as a matter of fact, all mammals have similar bone stuctures. if you compare a dog's leg and a human leg, you see that they both have knees, heels, and toes. the knee on a dog, like a human, bends forward. however, it looks like it bends backward. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) What???? I think there is something wrong with your dog. ;) Dogs knees face forward in the back. Do you mean the front legs? My two cents, Mark M. (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Star Wars Dioramas?

(...) For my part, it was a lack of interest in action figure scale dioramas (i.e. use of non-LEGO parts). Now that I hear you are working with minifigs, I'll try to pay more attention. It might help if you include "minifig" in the subject line when (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8BE81.E74@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I like the stickers, since they can be removed. I have far too many perfectly good printed parts sitting useless in drawers since space (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) I haven't seen the special edition, shame on me!!!!!!, but in the Star Wars vehicles book, th AT-AT carries about six speeder-bikes in the very back. oz. (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: It's perfect!

(...) I can't remember exactly, but were some speeder bikes added in the Special Edition? As for the new figures, the driver just looks like a Stormtrooper torso and helmet with light grey arms and legs - I converted my two Tie-Fighter Stormtroopers (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) I'm of two minds on that. Printing seems more durable/"real" than stickers. But removable stickers (and the stickers LEGO uses these days certainly *seem* removable, even if they're not intended to be) offer much more versatility to most (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Y-Wing Starfighter

(...) Brucey-wan, Very nice. The use of the droid arms was an especially good idea. Another highlight is the detail work around where the astromech sits. I think I like the blue color scheme better than the yellow. Here's where my SW-geekdom falls (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) I am a purist as well, and I hate stickers! OTOH, some printed pieces are just useless (like the Alpha Team canopies). I don't have the AT-TE (and I don't plan to, I'm saving up for the Orient sets) but all the pieces with printing and (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Y-Wing Starfighter

(...) Nicely done. Very snotty. The nose looks really good. But the coolest detail is in the rear, using those droid arms to make the round engine. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOC: Y-Wing Starfighter

Hi guys. I finally got around to posting my Y-Wing. It uses a 1 foot:1 stud scale; smaller than my original but far more accurate. Y-Wing - (URL) Gold Leader to pilot - (URL) let me know what you think of it. Thanks ---...--- -Bruce Brucey-Wan's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact