 Star Wars / 15074
Re: AT-TE Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 02:13:24 GMT

In article <H8BE81.E74@lugnet.com>,
"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

If I had it my way all
pieces would be printed and stickers wouldn't exist at all. Am I the only
sticker hater?

I'm of two minds on that. Printing seems more durable/"real" than
stickers. But removable stickers (and the stickers LEGO uses these days
certainly *seem* removable, even if they're not intended to be) offer
much more versatility to most parts. When some parts only come in a few
very expensive sets, I'd be most upset if their usefulness were limited
by having them printed instead of stickered.

Now, sometimes stickering is absurd. The canopy on 7191 UCS X-Wing is a
good example; that should have been printed, not stickered. But most of
the time, I'm satisfied with stickers that I can apply for display then
remove and store for the infrequent times I actually rebuild those
models again.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com