 Star Wars / *13048 (-20)
  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Duh, THAT'S what's been bugging me about it - thought it looked familiar and your thread reveals why. Man, my collection of excess minifig heads in exchange for a 'Shadows of the Empire' minifig set - Dash, IG-88, Xixor, Wampa, and oh, what (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

Sigh. Guess I'm a SW geek. It's all built models for me, although I try not to handle them unless I'm gently desecrating them in the name of truth, justice, and the American way. mo www.galacticbrick.com Where All SW LEGO Meet Their Maker (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

(...) Great work, Matt. The customizing looks natural in its placement (not to mention its functionality). Think I'll take some notes for when I build my Ep. II Slave I (lots of roman numerals, there). mo www.galacticbrick.com (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

WHAT ABOUT LEGO CUSTOMER SERVICE? Okay, mine's screwed up too. Yes the crash theory is good, and that's what I thought, but I WANT the cockpit to stay closed, w/out rubber bands, extra parts, etc. SOOOO..... Has anyone called lego on this. I know (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

Isn't she, though? I'd have preferred an unmasked version, but eh. Guess they didn't have enough room on her tiny head for three face prints ;). mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minor Spoiler

... so I picked up the EpII Incredible Corss Sections book this afternoon (only $9.99 after using the $10.00 gift certificate that one earns with a B&N MC ... yay!). Two points: (1) AT-TE, here I come :P (2) ... and I quote: "Stance mimics the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about scale

(...) To be honest, the RBR is about 2 to 3 times smaller that minifig scale, it should be much bigger. I would consider this a big microfig or something inbetween micro and system. Jeremy Scott xpost to .starwars (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

"Josh Opotzner" <Josh120@aol.com> wrote in message news:GvAv4L.AFI@lugnet.com... (...) It is a swoop bike. Anakin's speeder is the yellow car in the set that also includes Zam Wessel's ship. Take a look at the Anakin TV spot ((URL) which shows him (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

"Kai Brodersen" <kbrodersen@comcast.net> wrote in message news:GvBv5q.Lx4@lugnet.com... (...) That version appears to be a carrier rather than the gunship the LEGO model is supposed to portray. If you watch the TV spot that image was taken from (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Anakin's Speeder

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet...am I the only one who thinks the vehicle Anakin is using in the Tusken Raider Encounter is a Swoop Bike? They didn't do a bad job...I'm all over the way the rods angle down (to keep them from moving back up, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Thanks :-) I think the LEGO version is a fairly good starting point for building a more authentic Gunship. I might pick up that cross-section book too. KO (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

(...) Yeah, I've had a couple printing problems with Ep2 sets. In the Duel the lines are visible off on the two curve-wedges--but since I'll probably Brasso them anyhow, that's OK. On a Tusken raider minifig, the medium brown on the front of the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) If you take a look at this photo: (URL) will notice that the gunship in the movie is a bit open in the back. But really there are some major design flaws in the LEGO version. --Kai (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Preparing myself (and my girlfriend) for the release of Ep II, I picked up the Gunship last week. The price almost made me weep, but wow does it look good. It is huge, mean and looks extremely purposeful. And it's got heaps of nifty parts! (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

That's for sure! Mine was around for about an hour or so but it has now been broken and sorted and, uh how do you say? ah yes, assimilated. ;) Dave. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

<snip> (...) I had a simular problem with my Jedi duel. I got a left and a right of the same piece you have wrong, however one side was prented shorter than the other. Derek Hawins (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

Gents, Strange that you mention the integrity issue. I've read a few other posts describing the same problem and expected it. However, the completed model is extremely solid...definately more so than any other SW model I have with exception of the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

Matt, Good idea with the struts...much improved. I figure with a few other slight modifications, it will be a more 'space worthy' design. I figure I'll wait until I see it in action to tinker with it.... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

Well this is my first known set error. I say known because 95% of what I buy is just sorted into my collection so other errors could have been present and I would not have known. Any way this is my problem... (URL) of hard to build the set with 2 (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

(...) Intregity is Key, you want to keep things similar to the target design, but usually that intergiry is traded for, instead, a weak structural design. When I think of this, I try to look back to the 7130 Snowspeeder, which made equal compromise (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact