 Sports / 48
Re: Play wear?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.football, Mikohl Moree writes:
The only think I don't understand about
about your post is your comment about the minifigs having no special
characters as a good thing. What's up with that? I think it would be cool to
see Zidane from real soccer in a Lego soccer set.

Well Mikohl,

   I've been disgusted with TLG changing the way they make their Lego for the
past 2 years. Too many individual characters are one of the things I don't
like. In the past, Lego themes had very few characters. Pirates for example
only had Captain Redbeard and the Imperial Guard Admiral. The rest were 2nd or
3rd class soldiers. Same for aquazone, castle, and space to name some more.
Too many named characters reflects the childish ways of lego these days like
juniorization. And if they will have so many characters, they should at least
have good stories behind them. I just think individual characters should be
made by the fans not the company itself. I wouldn't wait for a lego Zidane,
ust make your own.

I think that it is an advantage. In other words, you will know if one
of your minifigs gets lost rather than not knowing until it's too late, cause
they are "Special" minifigs.

Good point there. Both methods have their pros and cons. I just think fewer
characters have more pros than cons.

Can anyone give me an elaboration (FYI) about
knowing if the set you are buying is juniorized or not? I really don't know • how
to tell, does it have to do with the pieces or something? Any comments about
this would be nice.

Juniorization started in 1997 and became dominant in 1999 and hasn't stopped.
A junior set has a low piece count and high price. To find out, you can:
1. Compare the price/piece ratio of new sets to ones made before 1998 or 1999.
The old sets average to around 5-10 cents a piece.
2. Look for any large, klunky, premolded pieces that can be replaced by other
smaller ones. These would be called SPUDs.
3. What set(s) are you talking about here? Ask me or any other Lugnet user
(Todd Lehman perhaps).

--==Sergio==--