 Sports / 47
Re: Play wear?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 18:16:42 GMT

In lugnet.football, Sergio Guerra writes:

Hi,

I was thinking. The soccer kicking pieces are cool and all, but how long do
they last? After going through much use, I wonder how much they could take. In
the years to come, people wanting to buy used soccer sets will have to do
without the kicking pieces. Could this ever happen?

--==Sergio==--

P.S. (Don't you think the promotional soccer sets from 1998 were better? They
weren't juniorized, they had no special "characters" and they had red and
yellow cards!)

Well I do agree with your concern, but I don't think that anyone with a used
soccer set will have to worry about the kicking pieces getting old or anything
anytime soon. If they had to worry about that, they should go buy an expansion
pack or something beforehand. As for your P.S., I did check out the whole line
of toys in the reference area here at Lugnet... Anyways I did see the
promotional soccer sets and liked it. The only think I don't understand about
about your post is your comment about the minifigs having no special
characters as a good thing. What's up with that? I think it would be cool to
see Zidane from real soccer in a Lego soccer set. If you were talking about the
minifigs having names, there were only four listed in Lego Mania Magazine. I
don't see what the downside is to knowing who your minifigs are in your Lego
Universe. I think that it is an advantage. In other words, you will know if one
of your minifigs gets lost rather than not knowing until it's too late, cause
they are "Special" minifigs. That's all I can comment on that relating to
soccer. Oh and by the way, can anyone give me an elaboration (FYI) about
knowing if the set you are buying is juniorized or not? I really don't know how
to tell, does it have to do with the pieces or something? Any comments about
this would be nice.