 Space / 9816
Re: 2x1 space tile discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:38:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
This ones been on my mind for a while. I love 2x1 space tiles. Especially
the control panel types. Whenever a new set comes out (like a life on mars
set or a star wars set) I can't wait to see if it has new, cool tiles.

I love the old tiles and newer ones too.
The old classic space tiles are great for their simplicity and bold lines. I
love these in blue and grey.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3069px13

But I also like the newer ones from some of the themes some people aren't
too crazy about. I love all the detail on the tiles that came in the UFO and
Insctoid themes.

The only ones I don't care for are the Robo tiles. I suppose they could be
used as license plates on minifig cars. All others I've found an attractive
use for in space.

Then of course theres the plain old Star Wars 2x1 circuit panel tile. I have
a billion of these but I still love em!

I agree Jon. Often I need to use such tiles because 2x2 slopes sometimes
don't have a low enough profile. Plus, they make great hand-held devices.

I also can't get enough printed 1x1 tiles.

-Tom McD.