 Space / 9554
Re: New Microfig MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:15:52 GMT

    I've been working on my carrier some more.  I added a few guns and
illuminated the hangar bays.  I've still got more detail to add, but please
check out the new renderings at
    I've commisioned her as an Invincible class heavy assault carrier.  It's
big and fast, but doesn't have the range or time on station that a fleet
carrier would.  It will hold it's own against other capital ships though,
and doesn't need much in the way of an escort.  It primary role is to
deliver fighters in the first wave of a frontal assault from it's 12 small
hangar bays.  No finese here, just brute force.  It's got four large, fixed
rail guns so it can stand off at a distance and pummel heavily defended
orbital faciities.  Three Quad-mount and 6 Double-mount mass driver turrets
make up the primary ship to ship weapons array while numerous small plasma
cannons fend off incoming enemy fighters.  There are several sheild
generators located on the dorsal ridge.  Each one can deflect several
terrawatts of energy thus protecting vital systems from taking a pounding
from the opposing forces.
    When the inevitable microfig melee comes, the enemy won't even know what
hit 'em : )