 Space / 9106
Re: WH40K Thunderhawk?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:20:40 GMT

Dave Schuler at orrex@excite.com wrote:

When I used to work at a hobby store I had the rare treat of actually • seeing
one of these modelling monstrosities in person, complete with its • sapient
pearwood (or whatever) case.  As I recall, the model kit was such an
abomination to assemble that no official rules were published, • apparently
since Citadel didn't want to inflict the nightmare of construction on • its
eager fans (and since the production costs were probably undesirable, as
well.)  Anyhoo, has anyone attempted to to build one for minifigs?  I'm
tempted to give it a go, but I'd like to see any other efforts.

Wow, I remember this! I went to a GW show a few years back and got to see
one of the 3 original Thunderhawks up close. I also had a friend who was a
GW shop manager so I got some freebies and managed to chat to a lot of GW
people. Those metal TH models are very heavy, and I seem to remember the few
they released for sale were really expensive. I've got a load of Epic scale
miniatures at home (along with around 10,000 othe Citadel figures and
models!) and I think I've got the White Dwarf issues with all the pics in at
home too - if I can find them I can scan the pages and send them to you or
upload them somewhere. I'd love to see this in Lego but I don't have
anywhere near enough pieces (esp. in enough of 1 colour to make up the main
body), although I prefered the original Thunderhawk designs from the old 40K
and Adeptus Titanicus days (if I can find the pics I'll scan them too) - I
used to play a lot of GW stuff, I've still got the hardback rulebook for the
old 40K somewhere. Nice to see some 40K fans here, maybe I'll get around to
building some 40K inspired MOCs at some point - I can just imagine Chaos
Terminator Marine minifigs marching across my desk!

Dan