 Space / 9031
Re: WH40K Thunderhawk?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 20:19:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Dave Schuler at orrex@excite.com wrote:

When I used to work at a hobby store I had the rare treat of actually seeing
one of these modelling monstrosities in person, complete with its sapient
pearwood (or whatever) case.  As I recall, the model kit was such an
abomination to assemble that no official rules were published, apparently
since Citadel didn't want to inflict the nightmare of construction on its
eager fans (and since the production costs were probably undesirable, as
well.)  Anyhoo, has anyone attempted to to build one for minifigs?  I'm
tempted to give it a go, but I'd like to see any other efforts.

Dave!

Got a link to a picture, so we know what yer talking about?

Jeez, Mark--you're so demanding.

http://students.washington.edu/~jchill/new.html

It's the second pic from the bottom of the page.  It lists as part of the
Eldar game system, but I'm almost certain I first saw it mentioned as part
of WH40K.  I've seen a few other pics elsewhere, but they're usually
more-or-less the same view.  I don't think I care for Vogon Yellow, but to
each his own.

    Dave!

Yeah, I know that ship. They first released it in Epic (the picture-link
above) and later manufactured about 20 or so in 40K scale. There is an
article in White Dwarf #196, page 31 with a lot of good pictures. I'm sorry
but I do not have a scanner so I can not scan the article. Perhaps the
official site www.games-workshop.com has pictures?
I never thought about building this ship, but now you mentioned it.. I may
give it a try. I hope I have enough blue bricks...

Mark "Space-marines" de Kock