 Space / 8102
Re: Et in Arcadia Lego Update -- Mobile Research Unit (MRU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:20:00 GMT

In article <GArJ7D.LM7@lugnet.com>, Paul Hartzog <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote:
It bumps; it grinds, but hey, its expensive and stylish! For science crews
with access to large corporate budgets, the Mobile Research Unit (MRU) is
the hoopiest SUV for nerds on the go.

I've been trying to come up with a decent use for those divers half-wall
panels with portholes for a while now (my mouseclops fighter being the
best I've managed...), so kudos for that; I really wasn't expecting that
they were actually _doors_.

The wheels, though, bother me. While I like the angled struts to mount them,
and the design gives the vehicle incredibly nice approach and breakover
angles, having a vehicle that size balanced on top of the small chassis
makes me worry about taking the truck on any steep hills...

On the other hand, it looks solid enough to roll down a hill losing only
an antenna or two, so why the heck not? :) Strap in, it's gonna be a
bumpy ride...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <