 Space / 801
  Hey!

I just browsed into lugnet.space and saw all the new space group thingies! Thanks Todd! Alex Me (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Hey!

In lugnet.space, I write: (...) What are they for?!! Alex Me (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Hey!

Space group thingies? Eh? -palmer (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Hey!

(...) He meant (I'm guessing) the sub-theme folders/sub-newsgroups. They're new in all themes, not only space. See thread: (URL) think this is how they originated. HTH, -Shiri (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

(...) I don't see any anywhere. I use "subscribe" on my newsreader, and get only lugnet.space--the other theme groups also don't show any "subgroups". FWIW (two cents, see below), I think subdividing .space at this point is really counterproductive. (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

If we end up going to sub-groups, I think I would rather see them split by function rather than by TLC's somewhat illogical theme grouping. I can see a point of having a separate group for discussing Arctic from the rest of town because not many (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

(...) I agree. The .space newsgroup has always been just fine w/o the subgroups. Plus, has anyone ever really felt the need for .space subgroups? Even if someone actually did want them, I also agree that having them arranged by TLG's subthemes is (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

In lugnet.space, Patrick Leahy writes: <snipped people talking about non-existant newsgroups> The links that you see on the webpage don't link to a newsgroup. It's just blank page (no post icon=no newsgroup). I suspect this is just being setup now (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

(...) Yup, that's right. The new website categories aren't for newsgroups, they're for database purposes. In the future, as needed, the categories _can_ support a newsgroup view, but currently, they're just categories. --Todd (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)

(...) Alex Me (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)