 Space / 814
Re: Subgroups? (was: Re: Hey!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:51:40 GMT

If we end up going to sub-groups, I think I would rather see them split
by function rather than by TLC's somewhat illogical theme grouping. I
can see a point of having a separate group for discussing Arctic from
the rest of town because not many people will mix Arctic and the rest of
town. I could see space at some point being divided into:

   ships and orbital bases
   ground bases
   micro and nano scale
   more?

The group division (over the whole site) should break down groups enough
that those will narrow interests and time constraints can follow most of
the discussion that would interest them, while those of us who have wide
interests, and a fair bit of time, can read as much as we want, without
spending half our time in "group maintenance" (by group maintenance, I
mean any thing which takes time, which is not constructive message
reading/replying which is related to how the groups are split), and
which also doesn't overly limit discussion.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com