 Space / 7988
Re: Contest Entry for Non-violent space contest: Maven Long Range Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:26:34 GMT

I really liked the way this gear turned out.  Not bad for my first attempt
:)  Click hinges really are the saviours for strong landing gear joints.  I
didn't document it, but the front wheel actually turns too.

When I built the engines, I started with the silver technic wheel hub and
the six hover pieces and went from there.  I'm not sure if I got carried
away with the size of the things, but they look nifty, so that's what's
important.

Thanks for the compliments

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
Very nice! Ya just gotta love the SR-71's shape. I love your engines! Great
amount of detail. They look very powerfull. And I can't foget all the
opening goodies. Moving parts are very nice. I've never been able to do
landing gear very well :-( but yours may have inspired me...

Build on!

--Kyle
High Velocity LEGO:  http://hvl.cjb.net
Keppler Industries:  http://ki.hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.build.contests, Adrian Drake writes:
Here's my entry for Paul Hartzog's space contest.

It's the Maven Long Range Scout / Espionage Ship.  Its design was heavily
influenced by the SR-71 Blackbird, and it basically fills the same role.

Enjoy!

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/space_maven.html

Adrian
--