 Space / 7314
  Re: Success Ratio

(...) When I take my time in planning a model my success rate is usually just about 100%; when I just have a go at the pile, my success rate is probably about 10%. james (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)

Interesting, there seems to be 2 diff kinds of builders out there: 1) those who plan and then execute 2) those who sit and creatively flow i tend to do a little of both, like this: i often sit and tinker, creatively experimenting w/ many ideas, not (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)

(...) I tend to sketch or start from a cool picture I find somewhere, but beyond that, I build pretty free-form and just shoot for making the model look like the picture in the end. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head Mark's LEGO® Creations (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)

(...) Actually, I find that the size of the creation dictates to correct amount of forethought. The larger you build, the more you have to plan it out to ensure success. Most of my smaller things are just freebuilding on the spot. But for things (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)

(...) I usually get an "IDEA!" (Always complete with the exclamation point) and then start to work around it. This idea can be totally random, or about a specific piece I want to use in a specific way (just to see if I can) and then moves on from (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)

(...) ...snip. (...) That explains a lot! Yeah, I've never sat down and planned anything I did (although, maybe building Transformers while constantly comparing them to the actual toy in front of me counts as preparation? I mean, it's even better (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)