 Space / 7282
Re: Todd, about the Classic Space set numbers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.space, "Iemke-P. Zeijlemaker" <iemke@compuserve.com> writes:
Todd,

I've noticed a while ago that you have studied the set number rules.
Can you inform us a bit more than that you have done on 1/nov/00 on the 6888
issue?
How did TLG build the set numbers up?

http://www.lugnet.com/temp/pcs-6800-6999.gif

--Todd

Todd, even with all I've seen/heard, it's taken until this for me
to finally say, "That boy ain't right."  ;]

Did you make this plot?  If you did, I can't believe you actually looked
at it enough to decide that you needed a log-plot to show the
trend.  I wonder what happened for the scattered sets?

Actually, now that I look at it, I think the people allocating
set numbers were trying to create a star chart of the Milky Way...

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada