 Space / 7252
Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:03:13 GMT

hey Mladen,
for reference,
i've uploaded the original Sulaco sketch
to my brickshelf acct @

in addition to the pods
the pillar on the left of the sketch
inspired my central pillar in the M.E.D.I.C.

-paul

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
Now that I think it, your stasis pods look like a good mixture of both the
_Alien_ movie stasis, and the _Aliens_ movie stasis pods (by Syd Mead).
However, isn't the statis pod in _Aliens_ bent?

Anyways, I'm glad that I've made you feel inferior... er... forget what I
said... ;-) "just kiddin'"

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
hey thx much mladen,
and to think i spent an hour this morning looking @ YOUR stuff
and feeling totally inferior :-D

oh, and,
YOU WIN!!!
the stasis pod actually came from a Syd Mead drawing of the
interior of the Sulaco (from Aliens).  They made 5 for the film
and stuck a big mirror in the back of the room to make it look
like more.  I made two for a different ship, and then scavenged
it for this one.

oh, and i DO sketch into a notebook things i see in movies,
lego websites, etc. ;-)

-paul

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
WOW! Paul, you just plain out rule!

That is one of the best Medical Ships I have ever seen. Your attention to
detail is clearly evident everywhere on the model. Your use of colour is
outstanding. But what really impressed me most of all was your innovative use
of parts; the Naboo fighter cockpit for statis pod literally screams _Alien_,
the R2-D2 legs look simply beautiful as control panel stands.

I think I would need an entire notebook just to record all the wonderful ideas
your model possesses...

Great job!

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
hey all,
just posted a new MOC @

http://63.226.106.19/lego

posted in the 'news' and 'models' sections

as always,
comments are appreciated

-paul