 Space / 7228
Re: New Pictures of my SpaceJet and more (New M-tron ship)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:18:51 GMT

Hey Paul, thanks for the feedback!

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
Cougar Space Racer:

oh boy, i really really like this, one of the best
small MOCs i've seen.  the shape is SOOO groovy.
plz excuze me while i make one of my own...
btw, where'd you get the "tail" on that thing?

The tail comes from this Shell UFO set.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2543
I wish I had gotten 2 or three of these so I could make 2 or three Cougar's.

I also uploaded some pics of a M-tron Cruiser/lander.

ahh, neat, more pics plz, interior...

I haven't started the interior yet.  I'm not sure I'm pleased with the
outside yet!  :-)

I uploaded some new shots of my Rainer Ship Yard SpaceJet.

oh yeah! very nice.
love the way the shuttle attaches. well planned.

what did you use for the roof of the main body?
looks smooth... (xwing smooth whites?)
and the big round white pieces on the thrusters (wheels?)
where did they come from?

Yes, the xwing smooth white thingy's.  A cheaper resourse for those is the
soccer grand stand sets.  The thrusters come from the Life on Mars sets.

and in this pic:
what set has the aqua trans canopy? and the 1x2 tile
u r using as the controls visible thru the window...
oh, and where'd you get the white 'train' front end
for the shuttle? never seen a white one...

The canopy is from this set specifically:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6545

The 1x2 tile you're talkin about must be the tan gas gauge from Adventurer's
automobiles.  Dunno why I put it in there.  It's kinda silly.

the white train front end is from a shop at home exclusive Diver's set.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6557
I picked it up at the GA Lego outlet... then posted about it.  And now
they're all gone! :-)

man do i wish i had that many white pieces....

Heh, my bride wishes you had them too!  j/k

Also, there are a couple of interior shots of my starship Crusader that I
never posted.

even more coolness...
in this pic:
where'd you get the 2x2 tile w/ the 2 round dials on it
and the 2x2 white tile w/ the hospital red cross?

The 2x2 tile with the 2 round dials is the control's for the big plane in
this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6582
They also pop up in other models (like the back of the 3 wheeler in the
latest train station, what's up with that?)

The white tile with the hospital red cross came from... well an ebay auction!
:-).

I'd say you needed one for the M.E.D.I.C. but it's already awesome!  Why use
a preprinted piece when you can build your own red crosses! :-)

this crusader is awesome
more pics plz of the interior...
LOOOVE the bridge (but then i love bridges that are
on pillars like that anyway...)

great stuff
post more

-paul