 Space / 6999
  new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

hey all, just posted a new MOC @ (URL) in the 'news' and 'models' sections as always, comments are appreciated -paul (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) coooooooll....Very good internal details! I also like the way that no matter what angle you view this ship from, you see a red cross. Funny, but I always pictured that the ships that "looked" like hospitals would be blown up first. Why allow a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) I think its from one of the life on mars sets but I could be wrong. (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

Hey Lugnuts! Don't miss Paul's _outstanding_ "flying hospital" -even if your not a spaceguy, have a look! Especially at the interior. To Paul: Great! Great, great, great. After gazing for allmost an hour at all the pictures, I think it's one of the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) Dude, this is sweet. No, really, this is really, really sweet. One of the best mid-size spaceship MOCs I've ever seen. eric (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) Nice! I especially like the surgical control panel mounted on the R2 legs. I may have to invest in a few more R2 units now. Good details overall. -Duane (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

WOW! Paul, you just plain out rule! That is one of the best Medical Ships I have ever seen. Your attention to detail is clearly evident everywhere on the model. Your use of colour is outstanding. But what really impressed me most of all was your (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C., thx

its so great and ego-massaging to hear comments like this Norman :-), thx a bunch in answer to your questions: the siren is only for in-air which is also why the ship has a horizontal design (landing gear, ladders @ the doors, etc) i was thinking (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

hey eric, thx for the comments, i answered some questions about it in other posts, fyi :-D -paul (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

thx for the comments trev, as for blowing up medical ships, in western warfare it is against std rules of war to interfere with medical procedures, ships, people, etc. that's why the west was so surprised when it finally went to war in the east... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

well hey, y'know how you get way too damn many R2 units in all those Star Wars kits? i've been playing chewbacca and ripping off the legs ;-) gotta find a use for 'em somehow, y'know... -paul (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

hey thx much mladen, and to think i spent an hour this morning looking @ YOUR stuff and feeling totally inferior :-D oh, and, YOU WIN!!! the stasis pod actually came from a Syd Mead drawing of the interior of the Sulaco (from Aliens). They made 5 (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) I agree on this one. It's interesting that the western powers have this code of war, because in space, I would think that this could change. Let's review some possible reasons for war: a) Resources - the root of many, many, MANY wars right (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

Now that I think it, your stasis pods look like a good mixture of both the _Alien_ movie stasis, and the _Aliens_ movie stasis pods (by Syd Mead). However, isn't the statis pod in _Aliens_ bent? Anyways, I'm glad that I've made you feel inferior... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) <snip> (...) You forgot e) Religious Wars Those have been going on for eons, and continue today. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) Wow! Awesome, Paul. It's nice to see something other than military ships every once in awhile. =) The detail looks great in and out. (BTW, the Da Vinci round 2x2 is from the LOM sets) -- dataAndrew (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) Two of the Life on Mars sets have one each: The T3 Trike set, and the human "space ship" (name escapes me). So, basically, the two larger Human vehicles. eric (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

(...) Hey, neat! Love all of the interior details (laser scalpel, stasis chambers...) - I'll be studying these pictures closely. And a great concept. I really like seeing non-military models. Nice work! - Paul (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

Very nice! Ditto what everyone else said! But i can just see some evil mercinary type dude destryoing that baby! --Kyle (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

Wonderful detailing... there are so many little bits that work so well. My favorites would include: Funky-shaped doorway behind the dome in front Captain's chair Glass dome with hose over the old guy's head Texturing of the pillar under the freezer (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

hey Mladen, for reference, i've uploaded the original Sulaco sketch to my brickshelf acct @ (URL) addition to the pods the pillar on the left of the sketch inspired my central pillar in the M.E.D.I.C. -paul (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC -- M.E.D.I.C.

Yeah, I've seen those pictures of the Sulace many times before. BTW looks like you fancy Syd Mead's work quite a lot! Of course you're not the only one; I bet all of the people at lugnet.space adore him as well! ;-) (...) use (...) _Alien_, (...) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)