 Space / 6965
Re: The Artemis Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:52:29 GMT

Thank you all for your comments, As for size, as of now I am not entirely
sure, (I'm sorta makin things up as I go) but it will be big, not as big as
say Daniel Jassims' carrier,...think escort cruiser or destroyer.

Now for some desrciptions,

Looking at the bridge from the top, at the front, we see the pilot and
copilot stations, (I will post a .dat for the chairs if any body is
interested) behind the pilot is the "old man's" chair or the captains
station, next on the left rear is the engineer, who monitors everything from
engines, to life support. I am thinking about adding another station there
so he won't be quite so busy. the last station is the astronavigation area
with an astrogation projector directly in front of that station. the window
on the starboard side has a number of cameras and sensors for taking star
shots for the purpose of navigation, sort of a computerized sextant if you will.

I am now working on the middeck it's comming along (anybody know where I can
buy a bulk pack of grey plates?) it is kinda kicking my but at the moment
'cause I am trying to transfer the "angular" look of the bridge to the main
hull but I think I have it figured out.

Anyhoo thanks again for all the great comments I will post more pics as
construction progresses.

Scott C. Beaton