 Space / 6963
Re: The Artemis Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:07:48 GMT

In article <G8sM2K.Juq@lugnet.com>, Scott C. Beaton <ovlov80@yahoo.com> wrote:
I just uploaded some peliminary photos of the Artemis. The pics are of the
bridge module (I had to build it in sections as my space is limited at the
moment) anyhoo it seems to be shaping up rather nicely. Comments bot
positive and not so positive are welcome. LMKWYT

Positive:

I particularly like the crew stations. They feel a lot more "grungy" than
the generic "chair in front of a 2x2 45 degree computer panel" does-- more
Klingon than Federation. While I like the piles of exposed machinery on
the inside, the SNOT design, and the zillion greeblies on the exterior of
the ship, it's the crew stations I'm most likely to unashamedly hork for
some creation of mine.

Not so positive:  Uh, uh,.... uh....

Oh! The technic pieces on the Slave I windscreens look like windshield
wipers.

Hey, it was the only not-so-positive thing I could find. And I'm not even
sure it's not positive...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <