 Space / 668
Re: Where are the carriers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 08:45:39 GMT

Patrick Justison wrote in message ...
I'm planning on doing a couple of carriers in microfig scale.  And a large
blacktron landing craft.  Doing a carrier in minifig scale is unrealistic.

Pat J

    Why is doing a carrier (pieces willing) in mini fig scale unrealistic?
    I should have ample space for about 8 small fighters (about A wing
sized) in my ship when its done-- maybe more if I could figure out some cool
rack deployment system... The measurements for the interior landing bay
portion is 50 studs wide by 76 studs long by 10 bricks high. Granted my ship
is more of a battleship with the carrier feature kind of secondary. I like
the idea of it relying on both features to take out targets. It'll move in
and disable the target with its own guns and then all these little fighters
could be deployed (ala Starcraft perhaps) to take out the target.
    I also thought about making tons of tiny drone fighters kinda inspired
by SC and the Episode 1--which I saw again tonight : ) --droid fighters. In
this senario the ship, even though its not capital ship/carrier sized, (its
about 210 studs long now putting it a little over twice the millenium
falcon's length --to scale--I think..) would probably be plenty big or have
plenty of room for some fighters. I mean if they weren't filled with mini
figs you could make them real small and practically cram your bays full of
them. Wow that would be fun.
    Hmm... I'll probably do a combo of piloted and non piloted fighters in
the end. If I have any pieces left over after the main ship that is.

    Must...finish..ship. At least before episode 2 comes out ; )

    Jon "Up with giant lego spaceships" Palmer