 Space / 6657
6656  |  6658
Subject:
More pictures of new starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 01:31:41 GMT

Ok I took some more pics of the Cygnus 1. Its still not completely done. I
still need to add some weapons and a few more details. The shape of the ship
(and the smaller Cygnus 9 Patrol Craft that I made a while ago)  is based on
the actual shape of the constellation and its appearance also draws from a
number of other sci fi sources.
Some info about the pics:  I built the ship at technic figure scale. The
wingspan is 76 studs across. the wings fold down and the engines spread out
when the Cygnus is in combat mode. The computer console folds down over the
pilot, and there are two control sticks he can use. The picture with the
grey canopy represents a variant that full wet wire cyborgs fly. As a matter
of pride the cyborgs request that the clear canopy be removed and an opaque
metal one be installed in its place. They fly like this to prove that their
interface with the machine and their piloting skills are superior.

I'll take some more pics as soon as I make some weapons and such.

Tell me what you think

-Jon

--
The Galactic Shipyard