 Space / 6672
Re: More pictures of new starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:24:45 GMT

"Joel Kuester" <septenemae@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G87tA4.1s6@lugnet.com...

that's really cool.  I like the ship a lot, and it's nice to see more
technic scale ships... it's really hard to get *good* detail in minifig • scale.

I'd have to say that as a fighter it looks a little fragile in design,
however it is really nice looking, and the building quality is top notch.
It looks like it would make up for it's fragility with raw speed though, • so
it still has some advantage over an older, beefier ship.
of course, multi-level energy sheilds would render the whole fragility • point
moot... but can it handle that kind of output?

Yeah it I've been bulking it up quite a bit since I finished the over all
shape and even now it still looks a bit lanky. I found it quite a challenge
to get all the proportions just right at this scale. Thanks for the nod to
building quality. I had a blast layering some of the plates and getting
certain slopes just where I wanted them. As for speed in my imagination this
ship would be terrifyingly fast AND maneuverable, being able ot turn on a
dime. So yes I believe it would be able to just dodge many attacks. As for
shields I actually didn't think of that but it's supposed to have an
advanced detection and avoidence system. I imagine it just sort of snapping
to the left or right sometimes to avoid small fire.

I really like the subtle coloration you used also... and I have to say • that
I prefer the grey canopy to the red one.  The last thing you want to draw • a
lot of attention to on your ship is exactly where the pilot is.  Sometimes
it can't be avoided, but any effort that makes it more obvious should be
avoided.
although the red is undeniably cool looking.

Thanks again. I'm surprised that using the brown again on a model would look
ok with the red but it seemed to work.  As dor the grey I just thought it
would look good too and so I made up a little story for why I put it on. : )

cheers!
Joel K

Thanks very much for the comments!

-Jon