 Space / 6484
Re: Project X Capital Ship on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 02:53:30 GMT

"Kevin Rooten" <KevlarDax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I posted some pics of the large spacecraft I've been working on on • Brickshelf..

Right now all I've built is the outer hull of the front half.  It separates
into a number of sections for easy handling and so I can put the removable
decks inside when they're done.  I plan on stacking the decks inside like I
did on the prototype, seen at Tim Courtney's site..

Oops, Tim did a cool remake of his site and I can't find the pictures from
the Brickfest in Carlsbad, oh well, but cool site Tim!

I stuck them back up, I just didn't put them up when I changed servers.
http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

Thanks for the site compliments.  I want to get more done, but I don't have the
time :(  I'm swamped right now with school and other areas of the LEGO hobby.  I
should at least put up some filler pages for those 'Forbidden' errors and maybe
get some stats for everything posted online.  For now, no new MOCs, because I'm
1000 miles from my collection until Spring Break.

I'm still undecided on how to do the engines and bridge, and will definatly
post pictures when more is built.  I'm running out of black and white bricks
and being an unemployed high school senior I have little money to spend on
brick buckets :(  I'm counting on bulk sales to come through for specialized
parts for the interior.

THAT SUCKER'S HUGE!!  I didn't know your ships I saw at your house were
prototypes for something bigger.  What's the concept behind it?  What's with the
aquazone baseplate in the rear?  Are there any windows on it?  I love your use
of stepping the bricks to give an angled shape....really geometrical because of
the different facets put into it.  What's the hole in the front for?

Can't wait to see it done.  If/when I'm back in Carlsbad, I'll have to stop by
to see it again.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com