 Space / 6050
Re: A couple of better exterior shots of my mk4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 01:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden writes:
In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:

<snip>

Note:  The large grey panels on the side near the front are the side main
bay doors (entry for ships) and the big black panel at the front is the
forward main bay door (exit for ships).  Ships are recovered in the side
(either side) and fly out the front.  A FIFO approach.

    Are you intending to make some small fighters to place in your hanger bays?

<snip>

Already have.  I made the bays large enough to hold three A-wings, or two
Dragoons (because of their wing span).  Actually, I based made the doors
large enough to accept my Dragoons in the first place.  If I make smaller
craft (sort of like Mark Sandlin's mini fighter, maybe smaller), I could get
6 or even 8 if I'm careful.  Either way I wanted the bay to be somewhat
universal so that I'm not too restricted on what I choose to stick in it.
My right drop ship also fits, but I have to remove the landing gear to get
it in becuase tail fin is too high.  I may change the tail fin design later.

Thanks!

~Trev