 Space / 6048
Re: A couple of better exterior shots of my mk4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:13:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Well, as I said, I'm waiting on my good camera.  I won't bother with
interior shots until then.  BUT, here a few (still a bit grainy, but much
brighter and clearer I think) pics of my MK4 with the exterior finished and
cleaned up a lot.  Covered over almost allthe green, so the color scheme is
red/grey (and some black) with black/dkgrey/white highlights.

     Hey, how about that, there really is a color scheme there :^}
     Pics are much better this time around.  Also, many more details can be
seen without the other ship there.

Note:  The large grey panels on the side near the front are the side main
bay doors (entry for ships) and the big black panel at the front is the
forward main bay door (exit for ships).  Ships are recovered in the side
(either side) and fly out the front.  A FIFO approach.

     Are you intending to make some small fighters to place in your hanger bays?

You should be able to see the port-side docking ring pretty clearly, to the
aft of the bottom deck escape pods.

     That docking ring is a pretty cool idea.  What the Galactic Shipyard
needs is a supply ship with booms for loading cargo or refueling.  Of
course, the practicality of a replenishment ship in space may be nil.

The black panels on the side towards the back are the aft service bays.  I
show one pic with the service airlock and one service bay door open.  The
other service bay is on the other side of the ship.  The service bays are
both cargo/service vehicle stowage bays.  More on that later.  The ship is
still a work in progress.

     Go ahead and keep building to your hearts desire!

Ok.  Please, how are the color scheme and lines of the ship now?  Note:  the
six double barreled anti-fighter turrets angle both up AND down.  That was
to improve coverage.

     Much better.

I left a couple of the older pics on brickshelf, with the blue blockade
runner attached to the docking ring for scale purposes.

Thoughts?

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

     Hey, I'm almost done sorting, just a few more bins and I can start
building again.  Can't wait to give you a chance to slam my MOCs.

     ~Kirby~